Tuesday, April 17, 2012


Math Glossary 

I speak math every day in my class. Learning  the language of math can be frustrating for some people. Here is a solution. 


MathTerms   

By Andy Felong


MathTerms is an illustrated glossary of mathematics terms in English and Spanish. The app includes almost 1,000 entries for middle- and high-school mathematical concepts. Millions of students have had access to this glossary, and its colorful, annotated illustrations, for over the past five years. It is now available as an iPad application.

I hope to see this as an iPhone app soon!
           





1 comment:

  1. I have seen similar technology aids like this for math and language arts. The way they present the term, define it, and provide examples makes it so clear that I wish I had this when I was in grade school. it could have really helped. It is one thing to read it and another to hear it. It's good to have a library of these terms for students to refer to. Math defiantely has its own unique language.

    ReplyDelete