Integers!
Integers pose a huge problem for middle school and high school students. Here are two great APPs to help you conquer integers.
Interactive Integers - Addition and Subtraction
By TicTapTech, LLC
This app provides two fun interactive methods for learning and understanding addition and subtraction of positive and negative numbers. The color tile model and number line model are two of the most common classroom methods for teaching integers. These methods help students visually understand integer concepts instead of relying only on memorization of rules.
Math Practice - Integers - Addition Subtraction Multiplication & Division
By TicTapTech, LLC
This app's core concept was to create a flexible tool that could be used by beginners and could also be used as a refresher for middle and high school students. Even adults could use this app to challenge their brain.


Tracy, this is my first visit to your blog and I love it! You have a great collection of useful math apps and tips! I will be back to check it out again soon. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI like these apps because they give a student immediate feedback on right or wrong answers as well as provide plenty of repetition. What is your school's policy on cell phones if they are being used for apps like this?
ReplyDeleteTracy, you and I know understanding how to combine integers together is a key math concept that students must master. Your math apps are a great way that I can include more special education kids into a general education setting. Thanks for sharing. By the way, how many weeks do you spend on teaching integers?
ReplyDeleteThis app is a great find! I can see how it would be beneficially to students.
ReplyDeleteThis would be an excellent app to have on the IPAD 2. I have alot of struggling students and they seem to have a challenge with content given to quickly that they are unable to grasp it the first time around. This will allow them take their time and finally get a better understanding and maybe allow a mastery to take place of this concept. Love it.
ReplyDelete