Tuesday, March 6, 2012

How smart is your Smartphone?

Get these great smartphone APPS for your smartphone like your teacher. They will help you brush up your basic math skills. 

Middle School Math Pro 7th
Here is a fun way to practice your middle school math skills


BrainPOP
Bring learning to your fingertips™ with the BrainPOP® Featured Movie app for the iPad®, iPhone®, and iPod touch®. Watch a different animated movie every day, then test your new knowledge with an interactive quiz – free!
BrainPOP Featured Movie

Number Line
Number Line is an educational game app to help students learn about fractions, decimals, and percents by ordering equivalent fractions, decimals, and percents on a number line. The app features multiple levels where the player must drag circles with either a percent, decimal or fraction onto a number line in the correct sequence. A score is earned based on the time it takes to put all the circles in the correct order (faster is better), plus points for each correct placement, minus points for each error.
Number Line


Here are some great math APPS for the iPad.

Motion Math HD
Developed at the Stanford School of Education, Motion Math HD follows a star that has fallen from space, and must bound back up, up, up to its home in the stars. Moving fractions to their correct place on the number line is the only way to return. A recent controlled experiment showed that by playing Motion Math HD, learners improve their ability to estimate fractions and their attitudes toward math.
Motion Math HD












MathBoard
MathBoard is a stunning app for teaching addition, subtraction, multiplication and division problems.
MathBoard


Bullying is a problem that is dear to my heart. I see many "Silent" bullying problems at my school. This is an APP to help Kids with anti-bullying messages and strategies to deal with cyberbullies. 

Professor Garfield Cyberbullying 
Professor Garfield Cyberbullying

8 comments:

  1. I love how many free or low-cost apps there are for our students to use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Candace, however, they (students) don't seem to enjoy them as much as I have since I got my smartphone.:)

      Delete
    2. I don't like every game I see online, but there will always be a handfull that I can not stop playing. I'm sure the students will find one that really engages them. Sometimes you can never tell which ones will hook them.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the page so far. Very colorful, bright, and attractive. Well organized with useful apps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tracy, I like your blog. I also use Brainpop in my classroom because it is an excellent online educational tool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy, Like others have said, you have a great style, I love all the color and interesting things on your blog.
    The teachers in our school just had a long inservice about bullying, but what one of the students said to me the next day really struck a chord, she said"It's not you teachers that need that ,it's the students!" She's right, so much goes on that the teachers never see or hear, maybe if the students felt more comfortable and had a place to talk about what goes on,some of it would stop. High school students can be so cruel at times. I'll pass this APP on to my students, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, I totally agree that students also need training on signs of any form of bullying. We as teachers and parents must stay on top of this. As a mother of a 7 year old, I am continually talking to my daughter on how she is treated and how she should treat others.

      Delete